Easy to make and super delicious chocolate chip cookies, with crisp, chewy, caramelised edges and soft centers!
I always thought I preferred thick and gooey cookies until I made these… these cookies are just a dream come true! They remind me of Subway cookies, and we all know Subway cookies are da bomb!
They’re super quick and easy to make. They only require 30 minutes of chilling time and you can eat them as soon as they’ve cooled… Because we all want to eat freshly baked cookies straight out of the oven.
These are definitely a crowd pleaser and they do not last long in my household! Unfortunately, my fiance LOVES Subway cookies, so I have to eat these really quickly if I actually want more than one to myself!
The dough is super versatile, so feel free to switch up the chocolate chips for your favourite add-ins.
I hope you love these cookies as much as I do!
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 110 g unsalted butter melted
- 150 g light brown sugar
- 115 g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200 g chocolate chips milk or dark
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan
- In a large mixing bowl, add your melted butter and sugars. Using a hand whisk, mix to form a smooth paste
- Add your egg and vanilla extract and whisk until the mix is thick and smooth.
- Place a sieve over the bowl. Pour in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and salt. Sift these into the mix, then gently fold them in until just a few streaks of flour remain
- Fold in your chocolate chips. There should be no streaks of flour remaining at this point
- Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop up about 1 tbsp of the dough and place on a cookie tray about 4 inches apart. I baked mine in batches of 6
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are crisp and golden brown
- The cookies will look puffy when they come out of the oven, but will flatten and crinkle once cool
- Leave them to cool on the tray for about 20 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- These cookies will last around 3-4 days in an airtight container.
- Leave them to cool fully before serving otherwise they're likely to fall apart.
- Use real butter! Butter substitutes generally do not set hard enough for these cookies
- Chill the dough overnight for a more caramelised flavour.
- You can freeze the dough balls and cook from frozen. Just make sure no moisture enters the dough whilst in the freezer. They may also need a few extra minutes cooking.
My #1 favorite cookie! I made these for thanksgiving and they were gone in a heartbeat! Thank you for sharing this recipe. My family is always asking me to make them now!
These are 100% the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had in my life. They are so soft and moist and can’t believe how amazing these cookies are! I love them and these are a phenomenon cookie!