Red Velvet Cookie Dough Bars
- 225 g unsalted butter softened
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 75 g light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Red food colouring (Sugarflair Red Extra)
- 270 g plain flour
- 2 tsp 100% cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 230 g white chocolate chips 30g for top
Heat the oven to 180C/160C (fan) and line an 8x10" baking tray with parchment paper
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and both sugars with an electric hand whisk or stand mixer until light and fluffy
Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and red food colouring, and mix with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined
Fold in the plain flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt until just combined. Add more red food colouring here if the mix looks too dull. Just try not to overmix the dough too much
Pour in the white chocolate chips and fold through the mix until evenly distributed
Scoop the mix into your prepared tin and spread it out evenly to the edges
Press the rest of the chocolate chips into the top of your cookie dough
Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges and top of the cookie are golden, with a slight wobble in the middle
Allow to cool fully in the tin
- These cookie dough bars will last 4-5 days at room temperature or in the fridge but are best eaten the day of baking or the day after.
- You can reduce the number of chocolate chips in this recipe if you prefer less, but I wouldn't recommend going below 200g.
- Feel free to reheat the bars in the microwave or in the oven to make them warm and gooey again.
- I wouldn't recommend using a tin any smaller than 8x10" or 9x9".
- If your cookie bars turn out cakey, this means you either over baked or over mixed your dough.
- Allow to cool fully in the tin. Your cookie bars will continue to bake in the tin once removed from the oven. The top should look crisp and golden with a slight wobble in the middle. If the whole tray wobbles, continue to bake in 5-minute intervals until they're done.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 239mg | Potassium: 80mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 389IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg
Tagged with: Cookie Dough • cookie dough bars • Cookies • red velvet